Online Video Therapy for Adults and Couples
I offer online counseling. Sessions are offered via online video through a HIPPA complaint online system called Doxy. Similar to Skype, you can access it on a variety of devices (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Online therapy, also known as teletherapy or telehealth, has several advantages. Scheduling is flexible and being able to do sessions from anywhere in California means that you can access therapy when and how it is convenient for you.
Please contact me if you have questions or would like to arrange a free 20-minute phone consultation.
Online Counseling is a great option for those who:
- Live in an area with heavy and unpredictable traffic
- Travel frequently or have challenging schedules (shift work, on call)
- Want couples counseling for a long distance relationship
- Have limited childcare options
- Live in remote areas or feel more comfortable at home
- Therapists or doctors who want to see a therapist outside their area.
Appointments are available weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly according to your needs and goals.
Online therapy does require access to a device with a camera and microphone and a suitable internet connection. A laptop with a web cam or a cell phone both work well. And if you are able to stream netflix (or similar services) without issues, your internet will be able to handle video session. Headphones can also help reduce audio interference and create a more connected experience.
Some disadvantages to consider
- All types of online therapy pose certain drawbacks. Technical difficulties can impede or interrupt session or communication.
- I do not currently accept any insurance plans. You should be the one to make decisions about your mental health care.
PLEASE NOTE: online counseling is not appropriate for those in crisis. If you are experiencing thoughts of harming yourself or someone else, please call the suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255, or call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.